Sunday, March 21, 2010

HP washable keyboard


I was at the Changi International Airport recently with lots of time to kill before my flight so I decided to go online. Unfortunately, all the cubicles where I could plug my notebook was occupied. But there are Internet stations that let people surf for 15 minutes. It'll disconnect you automatically after that, but you can always refresh your connection.

I went to one of these kiosks but had to think twice before I could type to log in because I could see dirt that caked all over the keyboard's wrist pad, enter key and other letters. I don't need to be a germ phobic to be disgusted by it. I walked away and waited for a cubicle to free up.

Little did I know that the event I was attending in Jakarta would introduce a waterproof keyboard specifically developed to address that issue of dirty keyboards. HP's washable keyboard can be fully immersed in water. It also has anti-microbial materials to reduce the spread of germs. After washing just pat it dry and plug it again to a PC. Isn't that neat? Literally.

P.S. Don't tumble dry, please. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment