Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Watching old TV

I've got a new TV that's old. Yup, you read it right, 'coz what I got is an LG Serie 1 Retro Classic TV.




I first saw this classic beauty at LG's showroom/plant in South Korea when I was touring their facilities with other local press. It was love at first sight for me but we were told the old-fashioned TV set is only available in the peninsula. However, it was offered to employees of LG Philippines who thankfully remembered how I absolutely adore it and were kind enough to help me buy one.

The LG Serie 1 Retro Classic TV has a small 14" screen in a polished red, brown or black casing. You buy it for its looks rather than its features. But even if it's just a humble cathode ray tube (CRT) TV, the LG retro TV has some modern conveniences such as a cute remote control that can stand on its own, a digital tuner, and composite video input. I love everything about it from its bunny-ear antennae to its detachable chrome legs and dials for adjusting the volume and changing channels. It even came in a retro box that looks like a leather vault.




I never thought I'd buy a CRT TV in this age of LED and 3D TVs, but LG was a genius to dress one the old-fashion way that made me want it. My unit now sits next to another vintage item -- a flat iron that uses charcoal -- in the dining area to help create a more charming dining experience. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment